Members of the Livermore Amador Valley Transit Authority and the family of the late Angelina Navarro gathered Nov. 12 for the rededication of the Livermore Transit Center to "Angie’s Way" on the site of the old Livermore A&W Root Beer Drive-In on old First Street. Navarro, (below), began a 23-year career as a carhop at the restaurant in 1960 and became known as the face of the popular restaurant. (Photos - Doug Jorgensen)
Get the latest local news delivered right to your inbox!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A couple of turkeys smile for the camera during Pleasanton’s seventh annual Turkey Burn 5k and 10k race held at Ken Mercer Sports Park, Nov. 25. The event was sponsored by Pleasanton North Rotary Club. Nonperishable food donations assist the …
- Goodguys Schedules Shows at Alameda County Fairgrounds
- Lawrence Livermore National Lab Develops Model to Determine Motion of Black Holes
- Tri-Valley Haven Seeks Gift Cards for Holiday Donation Program
- Dublin Police to Honor Fallen Officer John Monego
- Amador Valley High School Beats Woodside in Home Opener
- Dublin Unified School District Set to Hold Job Fairs
- Pleasanton Downtown Association Urges Support for Small Businesses
- Cal Water Seeks Funding for Customer Debt Forgiveness