The new Livermore City Council Chamber has been named for Dr. John Shirley. A ribbon cutting and dedication ceremony honoring Dr. Shirley took place last Saturday.
Dr. Shirley, a WWII veteran, earned a Silver Star, two Bronze Stars, and a Purple Heart. He is a former Livermore Councilmember and Mayor, serving on the City Council from 1958 to 1966. He also opened Livermore’s first veterinary hospital.
Naming the chamber after him was an appropriate way to honor his service to country and community.